Job Title: Senior Support Engineer
Department: Service and Support Reports to: Engineering Resource Coordinator
Purpose: A Senior Support Engineer is responsible for the daily management, scheduling and triage of incoming customer support requests as well as to provide senior level technical expertise as required to facilitate client demand.
Education and Experience: This position requires an undergraduate degree in an Information Technology discipline along with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on technical work in a value added reseller environment. Management and leadership experience is a plus.
Duties: The role of the Senior Support Engineer includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Oversight and technical analysis of incoming client service requests.
- Allocation of technical resources at the Support Desk (including the utilization of his own technical expertise) according to the abilities of the engineer and the technical needs reported by our clients.
- Work with the Engineering Resource Coordinator to understand the engineering needs of the organization as whole and properly allocating resources within this context.
- To engage with the client and insure that the clients’ technical need has been resolved to their satisfaction.
- To allocate engineering resources in such a way that maximum billing utilization is consistently achieved by each engineer and for the team as a whole.
- To engage and dispatch the individual engineers in such a manner as to maintain the highest possible level of excellent engineer morale.
- Engage in project based assignments on an as needed basis as determined by skill set and overall alignment with a given project as determined by the Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
Technologies: The Senior Support Engineer must be well versed in the following technologies:
1. Microsoft Server 2003/R2, 2008/R2
2. Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, 2008, 2011
3. VMWare Vsphere 4+/5
4. iSCSI based SAN storage. Dell Equallogic a plus.
5. Remote Management and Monitoring
6. Cisco based firewalls, switches and routers
To Apply: Email your resume to Jason.email@example.com